Thursday, February 25, 2010

To call your bluff

Who has the better poker face, the US or North Korea?

I only ask because the United States, and South Korea are gearing up to do their annual joint military exercises again, and North Korea again has an issue with that. The problem is that North Korea now has nuclear capabilities, and is threatening that they may use them, if these war games commence. So who is going to call the bluff, and who will fold?

There are many things we do not know in the world of intelligence and espionage, and if Kim Jong Il is really Ill as some say, he may not care anymore. As a dying act of defiance to the world, what better way to go out, than with a bang! Nothing could surprise me anymore, unless my wife confessed to being a Russian spy, so is it too far fetched to think this latest round of verbal jabbing, could possibly precede real action?

We could annihilate them I'm sure, but at what expense to us? As those games draw closer, it will be interesting to see if any Mainstream outlet will give it the time of day, or if the focus in the news will remain, keeping us unfocused on real news.

The only thing that bothers me about N.Korea is this: An isolated dictator, who claims he once got multiple hole in one's in a round of golf is in control of the button, that could cause major problems in the world. It is not just his absurd claims that bother me, it is that nobody takes his threats seriously, because over time they have been just empty threats. What if he wakes up that day, and says "Screw it let's do it", and let's em rip?

I know I ask a lot of what if questions, but I feel that what if can lead to why not, and then why not could lead to why did this have to happen!

Let's not get to that point.... Is it really necessary to do these drills? I do not think it is, I think it is our Government continuously flexing the muscle of our military, because that is all we really have left. The bully in school was only the bully, until someone put him in his place. I hope that time is not coming to us anytime soon.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,587392,00.html?test=latestnews
Take care
Norm

No comments: