Wednesday, February 3, 2010

The Merrygoround lockdown

So our parents went through it, with the drills during the cold war, but our generation never saw it. If things like terror and fear are like certain genetic traits that skip every other generation, we thought we were safe.
We were not thinking about our kids. Our kids.... the little people that we want nothing to ever happen to, the little people that make us laugh out loud, and smile, just because they are funny and cute. These little people are now part of a routine system of doing "Lock down" drills in their schools. These drills are unfortunate, yet necessary because of Columbine, and other psychotic plots to do harm to people that are unaware of the dangers around them.

When I was a kid from birth 1972 until I was an adult 1990, I do not remember experiencing a 9/11, an Oklahoma City, or Columbine type event. Everything that was bad happened elsewhere in the world, and I never thought I was lucky to live in the USA, because I never actually thought about it.

Now there is full time media, and it seems everywhere you look, shootings at schools, malls, Military facilities, places of employment, court houses, hospitals etc...

My sons school is doing a lock down drill tomorrow, and he is in Kindergarten. He is 5 years old, and gets a piggy back to bed. He races me down the stairs in the morning.
He still hugs and kisses his parents in public. He still tells us he loves us, because he feels that moment is the right time, and he is way too young to experience a Lock down of a place he is comfortable with!

Like I said, it is necessary, but is it really. Where are we headed as a nation, when there is no longer a place of safety? I remember my parents saying "be careful, there are a lot of crazies out there". Now I see it, and it frightens me. It is amazing to me that what we used to fear growing up, is no longer scary.
I said to my wife last night, what are the chances this could ever happen in Hopedale, ya know a gunfight or terror attack? I immediately answered my own question and said, as good as Columbine, or FT Hood I guess!

The DHS and FBI reported yesterday, that another attempted domestic terrorist attack is "certain" to take place in 3-6 months. Not likely, or probable. "Certain"!

My question for you is: Are you ready for a lock down?
Are you ready, to be helpless, and hope you or your kids get out alive?
This is not a movie script, and you are not going to kick the door down, and take out the gunman. You will either be in the building or behind yellow tape with tears in your eyes and fear in your heart. I'm not trying to be scary, I'm just pointing out a possibility! While I'm in doom and gloom mode, are you ready for a lock down of your town, or state, or of this country?

After 9/11, do you remember the silence in the sky, or hearing sirens and wondering what happened? Do you recall the first moment that you looked at another human being and thought "Is that guy a terrorist"? Too easily we forget how we felt that day, until we are asked. I'm asking are you prepared to feel that way again, or are you prepared to deal with the next 9/11?
Every post in some way shape or form has a common theme, "Preparedness"

Today's blog is a little longer than normal, because I think it needs to be said, we are not ready, but we better be. My Jan 22nd post mentioned 3-6 months before the Meltdown of 2010 is clearly visible, you have 3 months tops to get ready for the shit to hit the fan.

It is going to take an attack to trigger the destruction of our way of life. Call me crazy now, but in 3-6 months do not come knocking on my door! I pray to God (sorry Atheists) everyday that my wife gets to and from work safely, my son gets to and from school safely, and that when we are all together I can protect them! I pray that the evil in the world disappears, and people forget their grievances. I pray that what public figures say, is what public figures do. I pray that I become a better human being everyday, and practice more of what I preach.

I pray there is a tomorrow, today, and a next year this year. I'm not a "Holy Roller" , but I pray to God in the hope that if he really is there, he hears me.

Never in my wildest dreams did I ever think I would be writing a blog about this type of stuff!!!! I wanted to be a comedian, or an actor! I built houses for years, for hundreds of people, hoping I would have a successful business. I had all of these dreams and hopes, and suddenly one day at work I was in my trailer on my laptop, when I went on CNN.com for the first time ever, and then I went on Fox. As I read over news story after news story on various sites I found myself learning how bad the world was becoming.

Please, please, please do me a favor. Forward my link to your friends, and family, not so I have followers, but so we have more people that have a chance, to prepare.

You send out chain letters constantly saying forward this to 7 people in 7 minutes and something good will happen. I'm saying let go of the fear of what others will think of you for sending this, and just send it. If you do send this and I am wrong, you are still prepared, for tough times. If you do send this and I am right
wouldn't it be nice to say that you saved someones life?

I do not ask for money, I do not ask for fame or notoriety. I'm asking because it is how I feel, and I feel I am right, and it is the right thing to do.

Do the right things for you and yours!

Norm

No comments: