Sunday, February 21, 2010

This is just a drill, or is it?

I know Government needs to practice all sorts of scenarios, and think of the unthinkable, in order to successfully maintain the appearance of Law and Order if a crisis were to unfold. It is usually done in a not so public arena though. CNN was the Media outlet that ran this mock Cyberatack response drill, and what was interesting to me about this whole drill was one sentence uttered by the actors in this! One of them said, "I do not think we have the power to do that, and that's troubling" You are damn right it is troubling! For the government to run a drill like this is necessary, but in order for them to be able to run the real thing the same way as the drill, some of our freedoms will be stripped from us. They will not want to attempt that in the middle of a real tragedy, so plan ahead, and while nobody is looking, get legislation passed that gives the Government the power they seek.

Remember the phrase "In the best interest of National Security" from past postings? Well it's back, Cnn @ 8:00 tonight is airing this special "Cyber Shock wave" To let us know how we are not prepared, for a massive Cyber Attack.

What I cannot figure out about the decision makers is why they continuously air our weaknesses, on major news outlets. Do they want us to get attacked? I'm going to shock you with my answer of "Yes" I think they do!
How else do you explain all of the ideas they give to terrorist groups, when they say stuff like, our reporters managed to get all of the components of a bomb through security, or our pipelines are vulnerable to explosions... It is almost like they are saying come out come out where ever you are Mr. Terrorist man.

For a moment be me tonight, and watch this show, and have a what if moment, for me. I would be interested in what jumps out at you.

Norm

No comments: