Thursday, January 14, 2010

You are counting on you!

Let's start today with a Point to Ponder.

The banks needed to be propped up, so they would not fail. Wall Street got their bailouts, to keep the economy moving, and now it is bonus time on Wall Street. President Obama is proposing taxes on the Banks. He can impose new taxes, he can pledge our inflated money to Haiti, and can push through Healthcare reform that the majority of Americans do not want without asking us. How come he can force the CEO's of companies like GM to step down, but he cannot force banks that made huge profits, to contribute more than $1,000,000. each in aid for Haiti? We are a bankrupt country (Washington won't tell you that), and we pledged $100 million, where are the banks in all of this?

I want to believe that we are the most generous country in the world, and we are because we can be! I was poor growing up, but not like the people of Haiti. I was poor in the eyes of some more privileged people in our own society. I had food, drinkable water, and clothing etc.... But I was poor in the sense of not having the new brand of sneakers, or the best bike, or video games etc, growing up. I was rich in other ways, and learned about the things you need to overcome any crisis. These things are love, trust, and faith. Do not get me wrong, you need food, water Shelter, but if you have Love, trust and faith to go along with the physical essentials, then you are in a good place.


I'm asking for you to prepare for bad times ahead, not because I have had visions, or dreams, or spoke with God, but because I care about everybody! There is no crazy thinking here, it is that simple, I just care about people!

Donate what you want to disasters, but be cautious in how you do it! There are scum among us, and they do not care about you, or the people in Haiti. They just care about themselves, and if you do not prepare for the coming disaster (whatever and whenever it is) you will be waiting for someone to help you, that might not get there in time.

Count on yourself first, because when a major situation unfolds here that might be all you have left!

See you tomorrow
Norm

No comments: