Tuesday, February 8, 2011

This is not a test this is not a test!

I understand the philosophy of be prepared, believe me I understand it and I try to live it everyday, but something has me very worried today, and it has to do with our Government preparing for not just one disaster, but many disasters.
Everyday I read and see and hear more and more stories about the United States Government preparing for everything from earthquakes to nuclear war, and being the United States we need to be ready for anything! My question is, can we really ever be prepared for anything? All this time I talk about having food and water etc... What if you cannot get to it? The FCC is rolling out the Presidential alert system, to go in conjunction with the EAS or Emergency Alert System. This system will send phone texts along with voice and digital messages to the TV. That way if you are not near a television, you can get a message through your phone. It makes sense, but what does not quite make sense to me is that there is refreshed talk of Al queda possibly having suitcase nukes or dirty bombs, Egypt is in meltdown mode, along with many other middle eastern countries. The stock market is soaring, the global weather pattern is in a very weird place, we are yet to see a major earthquake this year yet, ufo's over the temple mount and so on..... I have had a feeling many times before, but I think something extreme is on the horizon , and I want to say I am sorry! I am sorry for many things, but most of all I'm sorry that when one of these events take place, I will have been right. I am also sorry that somebody will be hurt or worse, and I'm sorry that all of the talk in the world will not change what is going to happen. I just have an eerie feeling, to be honest I am a bit scared for my friends and family, and at the same time I am thinking just get it over with already. Enough of the hype, enough of the planning, just let it happen, or stop telling us it could happen tomorrow!

No comments: