Monday, October 3, 2011

Yes I'm back!

It has been a while since my last post, but I feel that today was the day I needed to break my silence on some things happening right now. A couple of weeks ago I watched a friend of mine become the most recent addition to the unemployment numbers. It is always a sad day when someones life goes through that change, but what if this is going to start a cycle?
We never really came out of the last recession, the main stream media just led you to believe we were recovering.
So where are we now?
It is October 2nd 2011, and as of right now here is where we stand.
- the official (doctored) unemployment #'s are 9.2 %.
-Unofficial #'s are more like 15%, and if you consider people that are off the grid, or took jobs way below their standard income well then it's 22.5%
- Consumer spending is down.
- Markets are on a roller coaster ride like never before.
- The layoff season is kicking into high gear.
- Gas prices, and home heating oil, prices are just chilling at the new not so comfortable comfort zone.
- The company I work for is gearing up for a gear down.
I know by posting this, that I potentially am putting myself in the position of becoming another percentage point on the unemployment numbers, but I'll take the risk after all how many people will read it anyway?

Why is 11,000 such an important # for the stock market? In the last month I have watched the markets go up and down in wild swings. Is this happening as a clearing of the real money in the market? I have a feeling that there is a controlled demolition happening right now in the markets, and if I am right, than my prediction back in the beginning of the year is coming true.

When the markets drop, the MSM tells you it is because of fear of the possibility of Greece defaulting. When the markets go up it's because of better than expected earnings. Then the markets drop based on fears of a double dip recession? Fear, Hope, Fear. It's a pattern, but is it real? I do not react to fear, or hope. I do not sell my house because I fear losing it in a recession, I do not abandon my children and wife, because I fear some tragedy could strike and I would lose them. I do not hope to live better than my parents did, after all (Hope is not a method to achieve things AF:-). There are protests on Wall street, and these protests are spreading. Are these protests for real? The only way to know if they are real is to see if they keep going long term. If these continue for more than a few weeks, then they are financed by our own government, because people need to work, and keep their jobs, take care of their families etc...Why would our government want to protest against Wall Street? Tune in tomorrow!

No comments: