Tuesday, October 25, 2011

The calm before the inflationary storm?

Todays posting is a little more like the normal Norman rant......I cannot help but notice all of the "Deliberates", not "Mistakes" our government keeps making with the economy.

Give mortgages to people that cannot afford them, or will not pay them back, and what do you get? Housing Bubble, Foreclosure nightmare, and economic crisis 2008.

Spend more money than you have as a country, and what do you get? Greece, Spain, Iceland, and the downgrade of the USA's Credit rating.

If these things are not enough to make you stop and say we are on the wrong path, then let's take it a bit further.....

Let's inject the Government into the mortgage markets, and here is a brilliant idea: Let's take peoples mortgages that they are underwater on, and allow them to refinance to get them paying what their home is really worth. Does that not sound great? What happens to all of that money that gets shaved off, or, why stop with just underwater buyers? What about me? I sold my house that I knew I was not going to be able to afford if I lost my job, back in 2006. I was responsible, and bought something I could afford. I did not qualify for a 1st time buyers credit, because I was a second time buyer. I did not get all of the government kickbacks for remodeling my house and making it energy efficient, because that program was not in full swing until after I bought my second home.

It seems I am always a day late and a dollar short on qualifying for hand outs, yet Myself, and millions more like me, are ahead of the curve with being responsible.
How is that fair? How is it fair, that without my permission, the government, can simply hand out money that they do not have, and expect me to pay for it? That's almost like me going to the supermarket, and filling up my cart, standing in line, and saying to the cashier "The guy behind me is picking up the tab"!

Speaking of supermarket, The inflationary storm is starting, and the super market will soon be the Super Markup!

Stock up.

No comments: