Tuesday, March 15, 2011

What could possibly be next

As I head back to work for the first time in 2 years, I can't help but wonder what will happen next? Over the last two years I have read alot, become involved in the news. Been a teacher of my kids, and been a student of reality!
Nothing I did ever in the 36 years prior to my layoff, could have prepared me for what happened in years 37 and 38.
I learned a whole lot about parenting, I learned a whole lot about the mental highs and lows of being unemployed. I learned a whole lot about the world, from politics to the economy. I learned how to deal with the death of one of my heros, and I learned alot about myself.

As I start this next chapter in my life, I am extremely skeptical regarding the length of this chapter. Instead of a chapter, I wonder if it is more like sentence, or paragraph I will be experiencing. I say that because as I walked into those interviews, I had no expectations either way, and as I start my employment tomorrow the same remains true. I went from being a know it all egomaniac in my teens and 20's, to a eager learner, and overacheiver in my late 20's, early 30's, to a realist in my late 30's.

I say I am a realist now, because I believe that some things just happen, some things are designed to happen, and some things are not meant to happen.

I woke up one day a few years ago, and I cannot go back to sleep. It's like the Matrix. Once you see it for yourself, you can't unsee it.

Our world is a wonderful diverse planet, filled with beauty and pain...the ying and the yang if you will. Which one are you?

As the scene in Japan continues to unfold, and the unrest in the middleeast continues, our fragile (extremely broken) economic system is starting to show inflation....the big dog on the block remains the price of fuel, and I'm watching that carefully! Every industry relies on oil and gas, and if fuel keeps going up, while housing prices remain stagnant...I will find myself home again, this time with some extra cash in the bank. Just because I am returning to the land of paying more taxes, and Obama's wicked funny definition of wealthy does not mean I'm still not going to be blogging in my brain, it's just now you won't have to see what I think about everything.

No comments: